February 20, 2014

Mad World

I’m sorry that I’m only here when I feel so down, like I could drown myself in my own sorrows that came outta nowhere.

At times like this, there’s no better reason for me to pick up my passport and book a flight outta this cubicle, this country and leave. Regrets will come later, y’know last minute flight booking isn’t very cheap. But I’d do it anyway.

Thankfully (OR NOT!) for my passport that is safely sitting in the drawer of my house where I grew up, I don’t have to mourn for the burnt down bank account.

No unplanned trips, no strikethrough my bucket list. Sad, isn’t it?

So here I am, writing. Writing always makes me feel better in a way that I know I can make readers feel bad by reading such depressing post which might bore them out too with my uncreative style of writing. Yippee!

But I’m so keen in taking the risk of writing while in the office! “We got a badass here!” makes me feel like I’m actually doing something dangerous and that spells F-U-N.

So, I came across this song “Mad World” by Gary Jules on Spotify and for someone who has been reading about the philosophy of life from philosophers in the field of Buddhism, I feel so…connected to it. Like man, your words are so damn right.

“I feel kinda funny, I feel kinda sad” that people living in this world right now is so blinded by daily races and worn out faces everywhere. The excesses of materialism and the technospehere have taken over our lives and I feel we care more for the value in the bank than the life itself.

The question here is: do people sit down and ponder about life?


Here’s the song I was talking about and how bout you listen and tell me how you perceive life in this burning mad world.

No comments:

Post a Comment